Warning: A non-numeric value encountered in /home/customer/www/adv4life.com/public_html/wp-content/themes/newstube/functions.php on line 1651
Q: I’m not happy with my job right now, but the money is good. What should I do? Rachel Cruze: That’s always a tough decision.
Ask yourself questions like this:
- Is this just a temporary situation that’s making me unhappy, or has it been going on a long time?
- Am I out of debt? If not, how should that play into my career situation?
- If I’m not out of debt, can I hang in there long enough to pay off all my debts before making a career switch?
- Is my unhappiness because of something I’m doing, or is it because of something else?
- Where do I see myself in my career in 5 years? 10 years?
Talk with your spouse or an accountability partner. Make sure you know the full situation at your current job before you leave. There could be a side of the story that you aren’t aware of, which could impact your decision.
Take a step back and don’t make any rash decisions.